Monday 27 August 2012

Day off in Killie

It's very rare for me to get a day off to myself, but on 27th August I did and planned spend it caching. I hadn't planned for the weather being bad but since it was my only day off I decided to go out anyway heading to Kilmarnock hoping to clear the place out of caches. Unfortunately things didn't go to plan and I ended up finding just two.

After a stop in Crosshouse to look for Fisher - PM without success I headed to Annanhill House to look for On the rails. Upon arrival I wasn't really sure as to whether I was allowed to park in the grounds as it looked like a private residence. There weren't any signs around and an exiting car went past me without a second glance so I decided to chance it. The cache itself turned out to be very simple to find although I think I just got lucky. Not a very interesting location but another smiley on the map.

I then headed to Another Brick In The Wall... which is a cache I'd looked for before and failed to find. It was only upon arriving at the GZ that I realised it was disabled. Back in the car and around the corner and I reached Stoned in Kilmarnock - Fairy Flood Gates. This one took me a wee while to find and I nearly gave up on it. One more look and I spotted some more potential hiding places which I hadn't checked and sure enough there it was.

Finally I went in search of Stoned in Kilmarnock - Shelly Put The Kettle On which is at the back of the Tesco car park. This one was very exposed to muggles and I got lots of strange looks from cars and passers by. After a really good hunt I came up with nothing and decided to call it quits for the day and went to McDonalds for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment