Saturday 1 September 2012

Barassie beach

Saturday morning and while Super Girlie was at one of her clubs myself and Super Kid headed down to Barassie to bag a couple of caches and had a great time despite the howling wind.

Parking on Rosemount Drive we were soon in the vicinity of Goat Fell Cairn and it was only a few seconds before we found it hiding in a gorse bush. Oh I just love gorse bushes, honest. Why anyone would choose to hide a cache in the middle of the spikiest plant on earth is beyond me. Since there was no way Super Kid was going in for it (not that I'd have let her anyway) it was left to me but despite pulling my jacket sleeve down over my hand for protection I still managed to get an arm full of prickles.

Further along the beach we arrived at A Tour of Ayrshire #4—WEST---- Troon which took a couple of seconds to find (Super Kid did the honours!). This was an unusual container which we liked, although this would have been a great spot for a bigger tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment