Tuesday 1 May 2012

Stewarton Road

I was bored again on my drive home from work so decided to spice things up with a spot of caching. Some people call it the Old Glasgow Road, some call it Dodside Road, others say B769 but we call it the Stewarton Road and it was down this route I went hunting. By the time I got home I'd bagged seven, not bad for a Tuesday night!

Off To MalletsHeugh
Rock Faulds
County Boundary
Upper Hareshaw
Darlington
Corsehill Queen
Brechna Brae

Off to Malletsheugh was a simple back of a sign type cache as was County Boundary. Rock Faulds posed two problems, first where to park (I ended up driving into a field and abandoning the car there) and second how to get to the cache which was on the other side of a barbed wire fence and at the top of some steep crags. Once up there the coords were a little out but I soon found the cache.

Upper Hareshaw was another cache and dash which took all of ten seconds to find but was made a little more difficult as I had no maps (no phone signal = no maps!). The clue was slightly wrong but served it's purpose.

Corsehill Queen was my favourite of the day. This is hidden in one of the most public places in Stewarton and right outside a pub. I had to wait for a smoker to finish his cigarette and head back into the pub before I could go hunting and again the clue was excellent and made what could have been a daunting search do-able!

My final find of the night was Brechna Brae and for this I headed to Dunlop. The cache is located in a small community woodland which seems really popular with the locals. Lost count of the muggles with duggles that were around but found the cache no problem. Confusingly there were two caches only one of which contained a log (which was like paper mache).






No comments:

Post a Comment