Saturday 21 April 2012

Found track at Annick

Last November I'd tried to find a cache called Lost Track At Annick but had failed due to Network rail having build a 6ft high security fence across a viaduct which I needed to cross. I finally made it back for another attempt but this time decided to approach from the opposite direction.

After parking at the Cunninghamhead Estate retirement village I walked back down to a bridge which goes under the entrance road only to find the railway track unpassable. Undetered I took a route across fields instead and was soon near to the GZ. I was hampered at this point by an electric fence, however there was an easy route around it and after a scramble over a wooden fence I was soon at the given coordinates.

Once there the cache was an easy find and I was glad to get this cache off my list at last. It was a lovely day between showers and a nice wee stroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment