Saturday 21 April 2012

Overton and Warrix - Found!

After finally making it to Lost Track at Annick earlier in the day, I decided to another cache I'd DNF'd before. Last time I attempted Overton and Warrix I'd been hampered by 6ft mutant nettles but today I was confident I'd find it as the nettles are just just starting to grow at this time of the year. 

I knew roughly where to look and was soon at the GZ but my GPS was doing the double dutch and I found myself as lost as I had been before. After reading some of the previous logs I made my way over a scary bridge (fallen tree) to search the opposite bank of a small stream but after a good hunt over there (keeping a wary eye on some mooggles in the field) I crossed back again.

There was nothing for it to examine every single tree trunk (part of the clue given) but eventually I even ran out of them and still didn't have it. It was only then I spotted one last item that I hadn't looked at but surely not, I could barely see it... Bingo... plastic fantastic!!... I had the cache at last!


This is definitely the time of year to do this one as I now see why I couldn't find it in October when it would have been completely hidden by those horrible stinging nettles. it's always the ones you find difficult that you remember so I definitely won't forget this one in a hurry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment