Sunday 28 August 2011

Anyone Hungry?

Bagged our first non-local cache today The Viewpoint whilst visiting my parents in Bearsden, where I grew up.

The cache is at the very top of Hungry Hill which was just a grass field when I was a kid.

It was here where all the kids in the area would go sledging as it was the biggest hill in the area with a big natural bowl. The only problem was the barbed wire fence which ran along the foot of the hill. That didn't stop us though, we just had to remember to duck. I was talking to my Mum tonight who recalled some girl who forgot to do so and partially beheaded herself.

Today the hill is covered by a housing estate, but at the very top of the hill there's a hidden view point with a superb view over Glasgow and the Clyde valley.

The cache itself is the cleverest container we've found so far. I've no idea how I spotted it but something caught my eye and when I went to investigate it was the cache. Can't say more without giving spoilers but if you follow the clue you'll find it eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment