Sunday 15 January 2012

West Kilbride - Return to the Multi

Yesterday I was out and about in West Kilbride and amongst other caches went in search of A Wander Around West Kilbride. This is a multicache which involves walking around the town collecting information from various locations and then using a formula to work out the coordinates of the final cache location. Having collected all the answers and coming up with what I thought was a plausible final location I went to look for cache but was disappointed not to find it.

Assuming that I had my figures wrong I gave up and moved on. Last night however I received confirmation from HC67, the CO that I'd been in the correct place. He even went as far as to suggest that I mark the cache as found as I'd done the leg work. Tempting as that was I really wanted to finish the job properly so as we were coming home from a day in Port Glasgow and passing through West Kilbride we decided to make a little detour.

Parking up, we made our way back to the coordinates I'd calculated. It was a bit cold and the kids were all dressed up in their best party frocks and shoes but it was fun in the dark. After a quick hunt we were about to give up went I loaded a little "flashlight" application on my mobile phone. Now we could see again I had a good look around and into any potential hiding places and sure enough it was there, we found it!

Thanks go the CO HC67 for the confirmation of my coordinates and for creating this cache in the first place.

1 out of 1

No comments:

Post a Comment