Sunday 4 December 2011

INTT Mega-Multi - Part 2

After an epic hunt for the answers to the 15 separate stages of the Irvine New Town Trail Mega Multi cache I sat down last night and worked out the final coordinates for the GZ. Supported by the whole Super Collectors tribe I headed to the super secret location this morning to bag the prize and hopefully a FTF!

For obvious reasons I can't really say much about the location as I wouldn't want to give the secret away but we hunted and hunted and then hunted some more and eventually came to the conclusion that either we were blind or that the cache wasn't where it was supposed to be. We gave up and headed to a local supermarket for some breakfast.

After a few email exchanges between myself and Chenks (the cache owner) and a visit to the site by him to verify that the cache was indeed there, it became apparent that something was amiss. As it turned out he'd set the wrong coordinates and had to post new ones on the Geocaching.com website. By now we were off Christmas shopping in Braehead but as soon as we got back I jumped in the car again and headed back to the new GZ armed with a torch as it was getting dark.

When I reached the GZ it was cold, dark and raining but I was determined I was going to find this cache today. Half way there and things got even worse, it started snowing! Thankfully the new coordinates were spot on and I was able to walk straight to the cache.

This must be the most effort I've had to expend on finding a cache so far. That said, despite the bad weather I really enjoyed yesterdays cycle and you never get tired of that feeling you get when you find a cache! Who'd have thought tupperware could be so much fun!!

Thanks again to Chenks for the cache and for getting things sorted out so quickly today!

No comments:

Post a Comment